A GREAT Weekend!

Though my Monday was CRAZY and I was extremely exhausted from all my traveling, I had a great weekend with friends and family. I headed out for Dallas at about 1p.m. on Friday, and after a 20 minute nap in the Starbucks parking lot right outside of Houston, and a Peppermint Mocha Frappacino, I was awake enough to make the rest of the trip. After about 6 hours on the road (hitting Houston and Dallas traffic...JOY), I made it to my friend Stephanie's house. We went out to eat with some of our other friends from UTD and had a great time catching up and just spending time with each other. The next day I headed to Canton for my cousin's twins' 1st birthday party. It was so much fun, I feel like I haven't seen the girls in a while and they are growing so fast. Hayden is walking, and Hannah is so close too!! They were so much fun to be around. It was great hanging out with my family and just relaxing.









Birthday Girls!

I headed back to Houston Sunday afternoon after Christmas decoration shopping in Canton, and a near scare of running out of gas. The story is this...I was making into Canton just in time for the birthday party on Saturday evening. I told myself that if my gas light came on before I reached my aunt's house I would stop; otherwise, I would fill up on my way out of Canton the next day. Well, I made it to my aunt's house and my light came on the next morning as we headed out. Well, while we were shopping in Canton, the electricity for the entire city went out. When I stopped at the Valero in town their pumps weren't working because they didn't have power. Well, Canton is pretty much in the middle of nowhere, so it would hav been at least 30 miles to the next town, and my poor Ford can't make it that far on empty! Luckily, after two stops, the trusty Walmart gas station still had power! YAY!! I don't know how long we would have been waiting for power to come back on so I could fill up...another lesson for me in procrastination. Cousins

Anyways, after 12 hours of travel this weekend, I am back home, back into the routine, and packing up our apartment to move out this weekend! :)

P.S. Reagan's weekend consisted of staying at home and studying, studying, studying...I believe he told me he studied Saturday from 10a.m.-6 p.m..YUCK! In the words of my cousin's 3 year old daughter Lilly when she was told Reagan wasn't with me because he was at home studying, "That's silly." But he thinks he did well on his first two tests today! YAY! Oh yeah, and a belated Happy Birthday to Papa! Love you!

1 comments:

HolliJo said...

FUN! Those girls are so adorable! Good luck with the move! We can't wait to see pictures of the house.

Post a Comment