I LOVE my new camera!

My favorite thing EVER...my amazing husband gave me a Canon Rebel XS for Christmas and I LOVE it!! I cannot wait to start learning all about it. There is just something about a really good picture that makes me SMILE! I just got done looking at a local photographer's blog who specializes in family, children, and baby photography and I fell in love. Every picture was so full of life and joy. I hope one day I can capture that in my family and children. Until then, I need to study up on this thing because I really have NO idea how to work it any other way than on Automatic :). I was lucky enough to get a crash course from one of my uncle's friends who is a photographer, but I still know very little. I couldn't even understand some of the things he was telling me :) But I have decided I am going to stick with this. It's not going to be like my drum set that is collecting dust in the office right now, or the blank scrapbooks in my closet. I really hope I can devote myself to learning how to use this camera and hopefully come away with some amazing pictures and memories that we will be able to have forever. In the mean time, here are some pictures with my new camera from the holidays.

Drake's first Christmas!! (kinda blurry because I was taking it through the window :))

Annual Christmas dinner with the girls!


LOVE this picture of mommy and Addison (Addison can't take her eyes off the T.V...she LOVES football, or maybe just the men in tight pants!)

Addison and Me on Christmas!


One of my favorite parts about Christmas Eve family tradition...Advent


My family being crazy!!
Congrats to my amazing little sis who just made Wranglerettes!! Can't wait to watch her dance for the next 3 years!


2 comments:

HolliJo said...

Wahoo for new cameras! You learn how it all works and then teach me! :) I have no idea how to use mine either! Looks like you guys had a great Christmas! So sad we didn't make it to Texas! Miss you!

Reagan and Kacey Ratcliff said...

haha my mom told me the same thing...she got a new camera this year too (the upgrade from mine!) I told her we could take a class together and she said "maybe you could take the class and then teach me". haha. I'm glad you got one too, that will be so nice when the little girl arrives! No excuse for not posting lots of pictures :)

Post a Comment