1. How did your parents decide on your name?
I think my dad heard it in a song. I can't remember the name of it, but it is about a Dad and his daughter.

2. Do your initials (First, Middle, Last) spell out anything fun/funny?
KLG and KLR...nothing special

3. Did you take your middle name from childhood or did you take your maiden name as your middle name? (If unmarried, what do you plan to do?)
I kept my middle name and dropped my maiden name. I like Lyn too much to drop it.

4. Are you or will you name your children thematically (ie. same first letter, all of same origin…)
I don't think so. We are having a hard enough time thinking of names we really like, so to narrow down our options to a single letter is way to stressful!

5. Did you decide on baby names as a little girl? Did you stick to them or change your mind?
Oh I'm sure I had names picked out when I was little (I think I liked Preston?) Reagan and I have actually liked Brynn since high school though. It is still our favorite girl name, but I am sure things will change when we have to choose for REAL...can't even imagine having to make that decision.

6. Does your family have any names that have been passed down through generations?

Nope, Caroline is a pretty popular family name on Reagan's side of the family though

7. Do you look at the meaning of the name or just the name itself?
When it comes down to it I will look at the meaning of the name. What would happen if you named your child and then it wound up meaning something crazy! Not good...

8. Do you name pets with human names (Sally, Henry) or with pet names (Fluffy, Mr. Bo Bo)?
Umm...a little of both...We have had Koda and Safari which aren't really human names, but now we have Drake

9. Are there any names that you have an affinity or dislike for based on a childhood experience/someone you once knew?
I don't have any names that I can't stand because of people I don't like, but I have a bad habit of not liking names simply because I think of someone else and can't get past the idea that someone else has that name :)

10. What are some of your favorite names? Why?
Umm...well I like Brynn (I think I like Brynlee better though!) James, Benjamin, Bryce. I think those are our favorites right now. I guess after looking at my list we could name our children with B's! :)

1 comments:

HolliJo said...

Brynlee is adorable. But you're totally right. It is way different when you have to pick it out for real! It's a good thing we're not having a boy, bc I don't know if we would have ever been able to pick a name!

Post a Comment