Tread on Trafficking

"There is a road we keep running on until we reach our goal, but LOVE gives us strength to continue our journey." -Survivor in the LOVE146 Round Home

Some of you may know of an organization called LOVE146. A friend of mine and I hosted a Valentine's event this year to raise money for this organization. It is an organization that is fighting to end human trafficking and child sex slavery. It is a great organization whose goal is to see the abolition of child sex slavery in our lifetime. Ever since learning about Human Trafficking in college and the efforts of Love146, I have kept an eye out for anything that I may be able to do to help this organization. First, was the Valentine's event which was actually a great success (thank you to everyone who supported it!). Next on the list, Tread on Trafficking.

Starting May 1st I will be participating in Love146's Tread on Trafficking campaign. During the 8 week period of May 1-June 30, I will be running/biking/swimming/hiking to help end child sex slavery. During this time I recruit sponsors to donate money or pledge $ per mile. I have set a Treading goal of 120 miles! I am nervous on meeting that goal, considering it is going to be HOT those 8 weeks and I have 2 vacations I will be going on, but I am definitely up for the challenge. I am excited to be able to be running for something more meaningful than just running :) haha. This will definitely be more motivation for me to get off the coach and do something. I am also excited because it will push me to try some other types of exercise because let's face it, I can cover more miles in a shorter amount of time biking than running!

If you would like to help support me in my Treading efforts, visit my personal page at http://Love146.kintera.org/tread/kaceyratcliff. And check back on my blog often as I count down my miles starting May 1st!

Happy Trails!

1 comments:

Elizabeth Ann @ Elizabeth Ann's Recipe Box said...

Hi! I found you through Wynne's blog! :-) Nice to meet you!

Post a Comment